smart optics Sensortechnik GmbH
Phone: +49 (0) 234 / 29 828-0
Fax: +49 (0) 234 / 29 828-20
Our company headquarters in Bochum are easy to find in the Technology Quarter close to the Ruhr University. The Lise-Meitner-Allee can be reached by car via the Universitätsstraße, with the Metro line U35 (Campus line) as well as bus lines 320 and 346.
Tip for smartphone and tablet users: the BOGESTRA App of the local public transport company guides you safely to your destination (Information at www.bogestra.de).
Arriving by car
There is a direct motorway connection to the A43 (Exit 19 Bochum-Querenburg). Drive to the Universitätsstraße and follow the signs to the “Technologie-Quartier”.
Traveling by rail and public transport
There are numerous local and long-distance connections to the main railway station “Bochum Hauptbahnhof”. Up-to-date connections are available online at
- https://www.bahn.com/ (long-distance traffic)
- https://www.vrr.de/en/timetable-mobility/journey-planner/ (local traffic)
Driving from the airports
You can reach Bochum conveniently from the surrounding airports Düsseldorf, Dortmund, Cologne/Bonn and Münster/Osnabrück (driving time from airport to Bochum two hours maximum).
On the airport pages you can find detailed information on arrivals and departures:
- Dortmund Airport (Flughafenring 2, 44319 Dortmund)
- Düsseldorf Airport (Flughafenstraße 120, 40474 Düsseldorf)
- Cologne Bonn Airport (Kennedystraße, 51147 Köln)
- Münster Osnabrück Airport (Airportallee 1, 48268 Greven)